Following last weeks Blog (‘High Intensity Circuit Training – Example Session’) and the positive feedback i’ve received I have decided to post two more high intensity circuit training sessions for you. This will give you 3 quality, full body, high intensity circuit sessions for you to perform each week – for FREE!
Todays Blog gives you session 2. Remember, the session comprises of 10 exercises that target all areas of the body and you perform one exercise after the other. The aim is to perform the circuit in as quick a time as possible but with great form and technique. Dependant upon your level and experience you can rest in between each exercise or even rest during an exercise if needed. Once you have completed the circuit you rest for 3 minutes and then repeat again twice for a total of 3 circuits. The exercises, reps and loads (you can choose your loads dependant on your level and how tough a session you want) are described below with a video of each exercise shown at the end of this post for if you are unsure of any exercise.
Session 2 is
1. Barbell Squat – 10 reps – Minimum of 40kg
2. DB Pullover – 12 reps – Minimum 15kg
3. Hang Clean to Press – 10 reps – Minimum of 30kg
4. Box Jumps – 10 reps – Higher the box the better
5. Push Up to Side Plank – 8 reps each side
6. Plate Around the Worlds – 10 reps each side – Minimum 10kg
7. Barbell Rotations – 10 reps each side – Minimum Bar
8. Inverted Row – 12 reps – Bodyweight
9. Floor Wipers – 6 reps each side – Barbell
10. Run or Row – Treadmill / Field / Rower – 500m or 2 minutes
Session 2 is a bit tougher than session 1 but is a great way to develop muscle and burn fat. Why don’t you give it a go and post your comments or circuit times on twitter or facebook.
Look out for session 3 next week
1. Barbell Squat
2. DB Pullover
3. Hang Clean to Press
4. Box Jumps
5. Push Up to Side Plank
6. Plate Around the Worlds
7. Barbell Rotations
8. Inverted Row
9. Floor Wipers