Leeds Metropolitan University
Lecturer in Sports Coaching
October 2006 to Present
Kevin is currently a lecturer within the Sports Coaching team at Leeds Metropolitan University. This follows on from previous positions as research fellow, research associate and PhD student since October 2006.
October 2011 to Present
Recent work has been on developing KT Conditioning. Work to date includes:
- Sports Consultancy with the Rugby Football League – Delivery of athlete development and movement skills workshops to the RFL and their Talent and Community Coaches.
- Strength & Conditioning Coach with Bradford Bulls Academy – November 2012 – December 2013
- Strength & Conditioning Coach / Consultant with Castleford Tigers Academy – Under 15s to 20s – Sept 2011 – Sept 2012.
- Individual Training with athletes including Leeds Rhinos star Rob Burrow.
- Personal Training
Castleford Tigers RLFC
Head of Strength and Conditioning
November 2006 to September 2011
Kevin worked at Castleford Tigers RLFC for 5 years. He spent the last 3 years as the head of strength and conditioning with the previous 2 years as assistant strength and conditioning coach. Kevin’s duties at the club included:
- Strength and conditioning coaching and sport science support to all the clubs players from 1st grade to scholarship (under 15s).
- Designed, implemented and delivered strength, power, speed, agility, core stability, prehabilitation, aerobic and anaerobic conditioning with all players.
- Designed and implemented yearly, monthly and weekly periodised training programmes.
- Monitored training load.
- Assisted the physiotherapist with rehabilitation programmes of all injured players.
- Fitness testing
- Nutritional and supplement interventions
- Oversee all other S&C staff.
Yorkshire County Cricket Club
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
January 2007 to January 2009
Kevin worked part time with the 1st, 2nd and academy squads at Yorkshire County Cricket club. This included fitness testing, group and individual strength and conditioning training and match day support.
Carnegie Tennis Development Centre
September 2006 to 2007
Kevin worked as strength and conditioning coach with junior tennis players between 8 and 15 years of age at Carnegie Tennis Development Centre. This involved functional movement, speed and agility and fitness testing.
September 2006 to January 2007
Kevin worked on a part time basis at OPTA providing match analysis for both rugby league and rugby union games.
August 2006 to November 2006
Kevin worked for sport science and conditioning website Peak Performance (www.pponline.co.uk) writing and editing website articles.
Leeds United Football Club
Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach
June 2005 to May 2006
Kevin undertook a one year’s internship placement at Leeds United FC whilst studying his MSc in Sport and Exercise Science. Kevin worked with the full time (Under 18s) and part time (Under 8s – 16s) academy players on a day to day basis. This involved all strength and power, speed and agility, conditioning, core and prehabilitation work. Fitness testing was also undertaken and analysed on all players.